Thursday, 10 June 2021
|15:00 – 15:10||EELA 2021 Virtual Event Opening|
Welcome message from Klaus-Stefan Hohenstatt, EELA Chair and Anna Jerndorf, EELA Vice-Chair
|15:10 – 16:40||Legal Session|
Chair: Stephan Swinkels, Shareholder, Littler Mendelson
Janine Berg, Senior Economist, International Labour Office
Adam Pokorny, Head of “Working Conditions” Unit, Directorate-General for Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion, European Commission
Grant Spooner, Employment Law Lead – Europe, Accenture
Stephan Swinkels, Shareholder, Littler Mendeldson
BACK TO THE FUTURE – how the global pandemic will influence change in the workplace
In the film “Back to the Future”, the main characters learned that their destiny would be shaped by events that they could not control and decisions that were not theirs. And so it may be with Covid 19 and the world of work. Change is not just “coming soon” – it is here. As employment lawyers we must try to understand the choices that employers and policy makers are now facing as they adapt to uncertainty and shifting cultural dynamics.
During this session we will focus on the ways in which the pandemic is influencing working environments, culture and employee relations across the globe. We will hear from a group of speakers including prominent employers, policy makers and lawyers who will look at issues such as:
1. Global employment statistics and trends – in particular the impact on diversity
2. The role of the employer as custodian of employee health and well-being – from vaccination to mental health
3. The reality of flexible and hybrid working – the theory and the potential challenges
4. Data collection and privacy issues – from employee surveillance to health data
5. The mobility of employees and employment – new country, same employer?
6. Future legislative development in the EU – how the EU sees its regulatory role in the face of unprecedented change
|16:40 – 17:00||Break|
|17:00 – 17:10||21-Day Racial Equity Challenge Introduction|
Speakers: Raquel Florez, Juliet Carp, Pierre Elvinger
|17:10 – 18:25||Business Development Session|
Chair: Valeria Morosini
Speaker: Richard Newman, UK Body Talk*
THE SCIENCE OF STORYTELLING – an interactive masterclass by Richard Newman
This course is ideal for professionals who regularly need to inspire the audience or win new business. It is particularly useful for those in professions who need to transform complex ideas into simpler, engaging insights. Discover the essential elements that all effective business stories must have, in order to captivate your audience. Learn how to increase your personal influence and make ideas happen though the art of storytelling.
The interactive masterclass includes:
1. Learn the PRO storytelling method, as used by successful business people to make your ideas compelling, clear and memorable
2. Make complex messages come to life with simple tools that ensure you captivate your audience
3. Gain practical suggestions on how to apply this to every area of communication: on the phone, email, virtual meetings and for handling challenging conversations.
|18:25 – 18:30||Break|
|18:40 – 20:00||Virtual Networking|
Moderator: Ueli Sommer
Enjoy a relaxing evening with an exciting programme and use the opportunity to meet and chat with your fellow EELA members.